[uClinux-dev] Excluding one of n Cores

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jul 29 11:19:32 EDT 2013

On 07/29/2013 04:23 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Something like this:
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/464391/

While this is really interesting stuff and closely related (defining a
standard protocol between Linux and coprocessors), I understand that
this article is about using coprocessors that are dedicated by hardware
(e.g. because they don't have an MMU and/or use a different architecture
than the main Linux processors).

My question was about how to tell Linux that it should leave alone one
of the processors, it _could_ use for SMP, and on top of that start a
non-Linux-enabled "very hard realtime" program on same, that of course
needs hardware interrupts. On top of this, the article will help to
implement communication between Linux and this processor/program.

Thanks,
-Michael