[uClinux-dev] ARM7TDMI zImage booting

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 11:11:37 EDT 2013

Hi Tobias,

On 7/28/13, Plüss Tobias TA.E.1001 <tobias.pluess at stud.hslu.ch> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I already have enabled EARLY_PRINTK. It is even in the device tree as a
> bootarg.

Ok

> When I use zImage, I can only see the message "uncompressing Linux..."
> before the kernel crashes.
>
> Could you tell me why I need special patches for the LPC Linux? I think
> NOMMU is already mainlined, so that the  source code from kernel.org should
> work. Am I wrong?

This is just a suggestion to you verify because this of official site
about Linux on LPC. Just double check there is nothing missing.

> By the way - when I configure the kernel for XIP, I see some more
> information. It boots until the point where some "bio"-thing is initialised
> (I don't know the message from heart, I'll look it up later). Then it
> crashes again. But when I use zImage, only "uncompressing Linux..." is
> printed on the terminal :-(

Hmm, it trigged a flag in my brain, just verify if it helps:

http://acassis.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/when-even-debug_ll-fails-uncompressed-kernel-image-help-you/

Best Regards,

Alan