[uClinux-dev] __stack_start for ColdFire uClinux

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Thu Sep 27 09:16:20 EDT 2012

Hi Larry,

On 09/27/2012 10:08 AM, Larry Baker wrote:
> I hacked the .s file for my stack check test program.

I haven't had a minute to look over the code yet. Will get back to
you on that.

[snip]
> There must be code between __stack_start and the initial stack pointer.  Yes?

No code in that region. Possibly data, though typically not.

> binfmt_flat.c knows all?  By the way, where is binfmt_flat.c?

That is the kernel's FLAT file loader. See linux/fs/binfmt_flat.c

Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Group, McAfee                      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
8 Gardner Close,                            FAX:         +61 7 3891 3630
Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia                WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com