[uClinux-dev] Latest GCC toolchain for m68k

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Tue May 15 01:00:36 EDT 2012

Hi Luis,

On 15/05/12 01:07, Luis Alves wrote:
> I'm currently using the 'experimental' pre-built gcc toolchain from
> <http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/arm-elf-tools/tools-20080626/m68k-uclinux-tools-20080626.sh>
> to build my uClinux-dist.
>
> I've never found any issue with that package, so I didn't even bother
> to build my own toolchain.
>
> But now I'm wondering: Is there a newer/better pre-built toolchain, or
> sorces for building a more recent one.

That tools page on uclinux.org is looking kind of crufty.

I am uploading the latest one I generated and use now, 20101118.
It is based around gcc-4.5.1. I have been using it for quite a while
and have no problems with it.

As Ivica suggests the code sourcery ones are a good choice too.

Or if you feel up to it take the build script in with the 20101118
sources and try building your own. It is character building :-)

Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Group, McAfee                      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
8 Gardner Close                             FAX:         +61 7 3217 5323
Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia                WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com