[uClinux-dev] dlink dir-100

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:56:38 EDT 2012

Hi Quiliro,

On 7/24/12, Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro at congresolibre.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I understand that dlink dir-100 router has mCLinux on it.

Yes, it has:
ftp://ftp.dlink.se/Products/dir-products/DIR-100/drivers_firmware/

> Has anyone tried to install a modified version on it?
> Can all the software have its source code or does some part come in
> binary only?
> What is the procedure to install a new version that has the most
> possible amount of source code available and that can keep the services
> that the router has and include squid?

I suggest you to take a look at OpenWRT, it is tailored to wireless routers.

I didn't find OpenWRT port for DIR-100, but there is a port for
DIR-120 which uses same processor Realtek RTL8650, then you could use
it as a start point.

Best Regards,

Alan