[uClinux-dev] Perl isn't compiling and other random questions

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Tue Aug 28 20:58:52 EDT 2012

Hi Mark,

On 29/08/12 04:54, Mark Bishop wrote:
> Quoting Mark Bishop <mark at bish.net>:
>> Quoting GLHS329 <glhs329 at gmail.com>:

>>> I recommend you check out Haserl (haserl.sourceforge.net). I have not used
>>> it on an MMU-less system, but I think you'll find it's much lighter weight
>>> than Perl or Python.
>>
>> haserl in trunk also bombs on fork().  However, there are only two
>> occurrences of fork() in the code.  I'll change them to vfork() and
>> give it a go.
>
> It's like this patch was unapplied:
>
> http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2008-May/046569.html

When I send messages like that it means applied to the sources that
are released at http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/dist/.

And that patch is in the sources packages there (after May/2008).

Note that there is no git/svn/cvs access to these.

> None of these changes/patches are in the SVN/GIT repository.
>
> http://blackfin.uclinux.org/git/?p=readonly-mirrors/uclinux-dist.git;a=tree;f=user/haserl/haserl-0.9.25;h=63cf9039fbf978ab733fd7f407e705514a236eab;hb=HEAD

All other archives, like this one, and the many others around the internet,
are maintained by others. I really have no idea who, or even if, they track
the uClinux-dist releases or are even maintained at all.

Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Group, McAfee                      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
8 Gardner Close                             FAX:         +61 7 3217 5323
Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia                WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com