[uClinux-dev] Perl isn't compiling and other random questions

Mark Bishop mark at bish.net
Tue Aug 28 14:54:16 EDT 2012

Quoting Mark Bishop <mark at bish.net>:

> Quoting GLHS329 <glhs329 at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Mark Bishop <mark at bish.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm getting errors building perl from the SVN head.  Should I just move
>>> the offending line from fork() to vfork() and be done with it or is this
>>> something bigger?  My goal is to use perl for some simple CGI web pages
>>> from boa.  Would python be a better option?
>>>

>> I recommend you check out Haserl (haserl.sourceforge.net). I have not used
>> it on an MMU-less system, but I think you'll find it's much lighter weight
>> than Perl or Python.
>>

> haserl in trunk also bombs on fork().  However, there are only two
> occurrences of fork() in the code.  I'll change them to vfork() and
> give it a go.

It's like this patch was unapplied:

http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2008-May/046569.html

None of these changes/patches are in the SVN/GIT repository.

http://blackfin.uclinux.org/git/?p=readonly-mirrors/uclinux-dist.git;a=tree;f=user/haserl/haserl-0.9.25;h=63cf9039fbf978ab733fd7f407e705514a236eab;hb=HEAD

I made the changes to h_bash.c and rfc2388.c and I am still reading
the patch for haser1.c