[uClinux-dev] 68K GNU Compiler

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Aug 3 06:13:45 EDT 2012

On 08/03/2012 07:46 AM, Greg Ungerer wrote:

> Do you know what version of gcc it uses?
Thanks a lot for answering !

fido-none-elf-gcc.exe --version
fido-none-elf-gcc.exe (Sourcery G++ 4.4-186) 4.4.1 Copyright (C) 2009
Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.

> Have you considered compiling your own?

Considered: Of course :-) .

But I have no idea how to do this (in fact, on top of this I need the
Windows (CygWin) version) and moreover I don't know about the chances
that using a newer version (I understand that the current stable gcc is
somewhat like 4.6.x)  could improve the situation - supposedly 68 K is
not on the top of the to-do list of FSF - , or If I would need to
introduce improvements myself (which I don't really dare to consider) .

-Michael