[uClinux-dev] Missed interrupts

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Mon Jun 6 02:53:19 EDT 2011

Hi David,

On 02/06/11 21:27, Wooff, David wrote:
> Hi, I have a number of questions regarding missed interrupts, since I
> think I could be suffering from a problem which may be explained by an
> occasional missed interrupt:
> - How can an interrupt be missed from a GPIO interrupt i.e. if the
> interrupt is level sensitive and is not serviced then could it actually
> be missed?

If interrupts where disabled at the CPU (in a locked region of code)
and the level went away before interrupts where again enabled at
the CPU it may be possible to lose it. This is very dependent on your
CPU and its GPIO and interrupt logic. You would need to consult the
documentation for your specific SoC.

> - Is there any kernel logging or debug I can use to prove one way or
> another that this is my problem?

Will depend on whether your specific hardware gives any indication
that this type of event has happened.

Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Group, McAfee                      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
8 Gardner Close                             FAX:         +61 7 3217 5323
Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia                WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com