[uClinux-dev] limits.h on own ARM-Architecture

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Thu May 13 19:51:43 EDT 2010

Hi Ithamar,

Ithamar R. Adema wrote:
> Greg Ungerer wrote:
>> I seem to recall this coming up a few years ago (don't recall if it
>> was and ARM targeted compiler or not though) - on this list. If you
>> google a little you may find the answer back then.
> It is because a particular part of the uClinux build system (or one of
> its packages, I think it was uClibC) sets explicit include paths to
> directories in your toolchain, and the CodeSourcery toolchain does not
> seem to comply with the paths specified. Using the officially sanctioned
> toolchain will solve this compilation issue....

I wouldn't characterize any particular toolchain as "officially"
sanctioned. uClinux-dist was intended to be able to be used with a
variety of toolchains.

I know this limits.h problem has come up before with CodeSourcery
toolchains. I actually thought it had been resolved years ago. If
not we should figure out a proper fix (where ever is appropriate)
and get it applied.

Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Group, McAfee                      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
8 Gardner Close                             FAX:         +61 7 3217 5323
Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia                WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com