[uClinux-dev] Slow Boa response

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jun 24 03:31:12 EDT 2009

> Seems like Firefox is sending concurrent TCP connections and Explorer
> only one per time.

If this is really true this of course can make a difference if you have
may objects on a page (which I don't have). I don't have an idea why
your device might get slow with multiple concurrent sessions, but I
suppose those will result in multiple threads running within boa (you
might want to verify this e.g. by "ps" or friends). I also use NIOS and
if many threads would make the system slow I should be concerned. OTOH I
suppose I soon can switch to MMU-enabled "full" NIOS uClinux, which
might behave different on that behalf.

Is your system tight with memory ?

Let me know what you find.

-Michael
P.S. You might want to continue the discussion over in the "NIOS uClinux
mailing list.