[uClinux-dev] user/init or Busybox/init for kernel 2.6?

Stephane Lambert stephane.lambert at cortus.com
Tue Jun 16 06:35:08 EDT 2009

Thanks for your answer.
In fact I can follow the 'init' execution with a tracelog and the system
executes correctly
the system-calls, interruptions etc.. from the user mode.
Previously it was able to read the script 'rc' and even executes
commands. (it was with the user/init program).

But it seems my file system has 2 problems:
 - into the /dev directory, all device file look like this:
@console,c,5,1
@ttyS0,c,4,64
@ttyS1,c,4,65
So when the kernel is looking for /dev/console , it returns error -ENODEV
(Warning: unable to open an initial console.)

- Secondly, when manipulating file system, system-calls sometimes return
-EROFS
It seems there is a problem of permissions.

Have you got an idea concerning these problems?

Concerning the tty driver, does it registered by do_initcalls during
boot sequence?
You can see the kernel output below.

Thanks in advance for your help.
S.Lambert

Linux version 2.6.19-uc1 (gcc version 4.1.2 20080812 (Cortus release))
#23 Tue Jun 16 12:11:11 CEST 2009
Built 1 zonelists.  Total pages: 1927
Kernel command line:
PID hash table entries: 32 (order: 5, 128 bytes)
Dentry cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Inode-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Mem_init: start=72000, end=7967f0
Memory available: 1828k/7224k RAM, (561k kernel code, 70k data)
Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
io scheduler noop registered
io scheduler cfq registered (default)
uclinux[mtd]: RAM probe address=0x12000 size=0x28000
Creating 1 MTD partitions on "RAM":
0x00000000-0x00028000 : "ROMfs"
uclinux[mtd]: set ROMfs to be root filesystem
VFS: Mounted root (romfs filesystem) readonly.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 1k freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console.