[uClinux-dev] user/init or Busybox/init for kernel 2.6?

Stephane Lambert stephane.lambert at cortus.com
Tue Jun 16 05:37:05 EDT 2009

Hello all,
I'm porting uClinux 2.6 to the CORTUS aps3 processor and I have reached
the point of executing programs from user mode.
I have spend a lot of time working on "init" program from 'user/init'
but it seems that the programs from user/ are suitable for kernel 2.0.
I have read on documentation that it is better to use Busybox with
kernel 2.6.
Does it a correct way to do?

Secondly, I can't displayed 'printf' messages from the user mode. I
haven't fix the console yet. But I don't know how to proceed.
Could someone points me to relevant documentation or give me any clues
to fix this, please?

Thanks very much in advance.
S.Lambert