[uClinux-dev] No messages on console (m68knommu)

John B Moore JMoore at moreycorp.com
Fri Feb 27 11:04:47 EST 2009

That fixed the problem.

Thank You very much for everyone's assistance.

John Moore
The Morey Corporation
100 Morey Drive
Woodridge, IL 60517-8135
Office Phone: (630) 754-2305
Email: jmoore at moreycorp.com

Greg Ungerer <gerg at snapgear.com>
Sent by: uclinux-dev-bounces at uclinux.org
02/27/2009 07:49 AM
Please respond to
uClinux development list <uclinux-dev at uclinux.org>

uClinux development list <uclinux-dev at uclinux.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [uClinux-dev] No messages on console (m68knommu)

Hi John,

John B Moore wrote:
> I am setting the CONFIG_BOOTPARAM_STRING to the boot parameters as
follows:

> init=/bin/init console=/dev/ttyS1,115200 rootfstype=romfs
                          ^^^^^
No "/dev/" in the console arg, just "ttyS1,115200".

> After startup, using klogd and syslogd, the messages from boot show:
>
> Kernel command line: init=/bin/init console=/dev/ttyS1,115200
> rootfstype=romfs
>
> so it does appear that the command line is being seen by the kernel.
>
> John Moore
> The Morey Corporation
> 100 Morey Drive
> Woodridge, IL 60517-8135
> Office Phone: (630) 754-2305
> Email: jmoore at moreycorp.com
>

> *Greg Ungerer <gerg at snapgear.com>*
> Sent by: uclinux-dev-bounces at uclinux.org
>
> 02/25/2009 09:10 PM
> Please respond to
> uClinux development list <uclinux-dev at uclinux.org>

>                uClinux development list <uclinux-dev at uclinux.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
>                Re: [uClinux-dev] No messages on console (m68knommu)
>

> Hi John,
>
> John B Moore wrote:
>  > I am working with a device which uses an M523x coldfire running
>  > uClinux-dist-20080808 with the 20090112 patch applied as well (kernel
>  > 2.6.26-uc0). I am using uClibc 9.30 and the compiler is gcc 4.2.3
>  > uclinux cross compiler. I have ttyS1 set up as the console via the
>  > passed kernel parameters but I get no kernel messages until init
runs. I
>  > recently applied the patch to fix the errant check in
mcf_console_setup

Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear, a McAfee Company                  PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888