[uClinux-dev] No messages on console (m68knommu)

John B Moore JMoore at moreycorp.com
Thu Feb 26 12:16:29 EST 2009

Greg,

I am setting the CONFIG_BOOTPARAM_STRING to the boot parameters as
follows:

init=/bin/init console=/dev/ttyS1,115200 rootfstype=romfs

After startup, using klogd and syslogd, the messages from boot show:

Kernel command line: init=/bin/init console=/dev/ttyS1,115200
rootfstype=romfs

so it does appear that the command line is being seen by the kernel.

John Moore
The Morey Corporation
100 Morey Drive
Woodridge, IL 60517-8135
Office Phone: (630) 754-2305
Email: jmoore at moreycorp.com

Greg Ungerer <gerg at snapgear.com>
Sent by: uclinux-dev-bounces at uclinux.org
02/25/2009 09:10 PM
Please respond to
uClinux development list <uclinux-dev at uclinux.org>

uClinux development list <uclinux-dev at uclinux.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [uClinux-dev] No messages on console (m68knommu)

Hi John,

John B Moore wrote:
> I am working with a device which uses an M523x coldfire running
> uClinux-dist-20080808 with the 20090112 patch applied as well (kernel
> 2.6.26-uc0). I am using uClibc 9.30 and the compiler is gcc 4.2.3
> uclinux cross compiler. I have ttyS1 set up as the console via the
> passed kernel parameters but I get no kernel messages until init runs. I

> recently applied the patch to fix the errant check in mcf_console_setup
> which always forced the port to 0 but it did not fix this problem.

How are you passing args to the kernel?
Are you sure it is seeing them?

Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear, a McAfee Company                  PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
To unsubscribe see:

This e-mail, including attachments, may contain information that is
confidential and/or proprietary, and may only be used by the person to
whom this email is addressed. If the recipient of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or an authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If this e-mail has been delivered to you in error, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this e-mail
immediately.