[uClinux-dev] No messages on console (m68knommu)

John B Moore JMoore at moreycorp.com
Wed Feb 25 18:05:06 EST 2009

I am working with a device which uses an M523x coldfire running
uClinux-dist-20080808 with the 20090112 patch applied as well (kernel
2.6.26-uc0). I am using uClibc 9.30 and the compiler is gcc 4.2.3 uclinux
cross compiler. I have ttyS1 set up as the console via the passed kernel
parameters but I get no kernel messages until init runs. I recently
applied the patch to fix the errant check in mcf_console_setup which
always forced the port to 0 but it did not fix this problem.

Any ideas?

John Moore
The Morey Corporation
100 Morey Drive
Woodridge, IL 60517-8135
Office Phone: (630) 754-2305
Email: jmoore at moreycorp.com

This e-mail, including attachments, may contain information that is
confidential and/or proprietary, and may only be used by the person to
whom this email is addressed. If the recipient of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or an authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If this e-mail has been delivered to you in error, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this e-mail
immediately.