[uClinux-dev] Signals sometimes not delivered (m68knommu)?

John B Moore JMoore at moreycorp.com
Wed Feb 25 18:00:30 EST 2009

I am working with a device which uses an M523x coldfire running
uClinux-dist-20080808 with the 20090112 patch applied as well (kernel
2.6.26-uc0). I am using uClibc 9.30 and the compiler is gcc 4.2.3 uclinux
cross compiler. I am connecting to the device using PPP over a serial link
via telnet (non-busybox telnet) which runs the busybox msh. The problem I
am having is after using control-c once or twice to interrupt applications
in that session, control-c does not work anymore for most applications
(although "top" always gets the interrupt from control-c for some reason).
In most applications it will then just print ^C and ignore the request as
if the intr character is not set or as if there was no controlling tty.

I have tried other shells and busybox telnetd as well and the problem
still exists. If I try to issue a "kill -INT pid" from another telnet
session, the signal is ignored, but if I issues "kill -TERM pid" the
applicaiton terminates properly. Note also that this problem does not
occur on an older version of uClinux from earlier stages of the project,
which uses a 2.6.17 kernel and uClibc 9.26 with a 4.1.1 compiler, so I
know the device is functioning properly, but I need to upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated,

John Moore
The Morey Corporation
100 Morey Drive
Woodridge, IL 60517-8135
Office Phone: (630) 754-2305
Email: jmoore at moreycorp.com

This e-mail, including attachments, may contain information that is
confidential and/or proprietary, and may only be used by the person to
whom this email is addressed. If the recipient of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or an authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If this e-mail has been delivered to you in error, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this e-mail
immediately.