[uClinux-dev] Footprint of uclinux

angelo angelo70 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:36:08 EST 2009

Hi Tiju,

I am a newby too,  i try to help for what i know.
Flash size depends on what you want to write into.
Example, bootloader + 1,2Mb kernel binary + some other staff, you are
near to 2Mbytes, then i don't know your application size.
There are many flash constructors (AMD, ST, sst, ..), and the flash can
have top or bottom boot, depending from the processor you use, that can
be useful for some special protected partitions.
Flash sizes on datasheets ar in Mbit, so pay attention to divide per 8
to have the byte capacity.

About the RAM i am not very expert, generally is desired that the kernel
is executed from the ram, so a 4Mbyte could be enough for all.

greetings