[uClinux-dev] Most stable 2.4.x kernel for ARM

Jamie Lokier jamie at shareable.org
Fri Feb 20 11:47:54 EST 2009

Michael Schnell wrote:

> >I'm surprised after all the effort to merge NOMMU into 2.6 as a
> >standard feature that it doesn't work as well as 2.4 kernels.
> >

> If this would be true no MMU-less devices with 2.6 Kernels would work
> properly. But I understand that there are millions of them sold ...

I'm aware of zero MMU-less devices with a 2.6 kernel which are
streaming files at video rates from local storage.  Whereas there
are millions of such devices running a 2.4 kernel.

If you know of _any_ MMU-less device with a 2.6 kernel which streams
video files from hard disk, or similar streamed filesystem workload, I
and Andrei would be _very_ interested to look at the kernel code.

-- Jamie