[uClinux-dev] howto generate Kconfig files from Config.in for busybox

Thomas Chou thomas at wytron.com.tw
Sun Feb 15 19:56:42 EST 2009

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> the logic for merging these two is that NIOS started with the Blackfin tree.
> if the NIOS guys tried to merge with the main tree, they'd hit the same issues
> we did (which is where we are already).

We are in the midway. We started with the main uClinux-dist, and pulled
in Blackfin's bit by bit. We couldn't merge back to main tree, either.
We might have to restart with blackfin's tree to merge.

I see that someof blackfin's repositories has both svn and git. Will
blackfin's uClinux-dist repo have git, in addition to svn ?

> glad to see NIOS toolchain port finally getting up to speed.  i'm guessing
> this is due to the work of the open source guys rather than alteros pulling
> its head out of its ass ?
No. The nios community is not strong enough to work out the new
toolchains. (Remember that I was a newbie three years ago?)

After years of sleep, Altera woke up and moved a bit forwards. Now they
works with both the community and commercial vendors to offer Linux
solutions. They paid for the new gcc4.1 toolchain and vmlinux. They have
engineers in house to write Linux/u-boot drivers. They are getting ready
to support Linux. Slow but steadily.

- Thomas