[uClinux-dev] howto generate Kconfig files from Config.in for busybox

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Feb 12 03:56:40 EST 2009

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> ive tried convincing the uClinux-dist guys to use some of the methodologies
> that we've adopted in the Blackfin uClinux dist, but it doesnt look like it's
> going to happen, so ive given up :/

Mike, Thomas, Greg.

I always wondered why there are dedicated "Blackfin" and "NIOS" versions
of uCinux-dist (maintained in dedicated mailing lists) and seemingly a
"common" version (maintained here), plus seemingly completely separate
stuff for ARM and still other stuff for X86 (no knowledge  here at all
about PPC and whatever additional archs existing).

I understand that NIOS was derived from Blackfin.

Seemingly there are efforts done on optionally supporting MMU with
multiple archs.

What is the cause a reunion is not planned ?

-Michael