[uClinux-dev] How to find a usb storage device automatically when the system is powered on?

Darwin Chen PStudio at 21cn.com
Wed Jan 31 20:09:40 EST 2007

Hi, All,

I build the uClinux-2.4.x with hotplug support and run the system as a
VMWare machine.

If the usb disk  plugs into usb port when the system is running,
/sbin/hotplug is called and the usb disk is automounted.

If the usb disk was pluged into usb port befor the system  is powered on,
problem is occurred, there is no any informations about this usb disk in
/proc/bus/usb or /proc/scsi/. When I typed "mount  -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt",
the system prompt "No device".

How to fix this problem?

Darwin Chen