[uClinux-dev] Trying to create customised /etc/config/start file

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Sun Jan 28 23:53:03 EST 2007

Hi Richard,

Richard and Suzanne McCarthy wrote:
> Hello, after successfully compiling and uploading a 2.6 kernel for an
> SG580 appliance, I’m trying to find a way of changing the start file
> (/etc/config/start) so that it is incorporated in the original image
> (rather than changing it afterwards).  However I cannot find the start
> file in any of the Snapgear source directories. Any ideas how it is
> compiled into the image?

The start script itself is not in the snapgear source package.
The file is actually autogenerated on build - but that doesn't make
sense in the public source tree since a few of the management apps
are not GPL source.

The way to get the extra scripts and management binaries is to
take a supported SG580 binary download image from SnapGear and
run the snapgear/bin/extract-romfs tool against it. That will pull
all those files out for you.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear -- a Secure Computing Company      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888