[uClinux-dev] Re: MCF5275EVB & UC Linux

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Wed Jan 17 00:49:18 EST 2007

Hi Paul,
Paul Romero wrote:
> It appears that UC Linux--I assume the 2.6 Kernel--has
> been ported to the MCF5275EVB development board. This

2.4.x uClinux kernels support it too.

> board is oriented towards Coldfire 5274 and 5272 family
> CPUs. Any information about the status and reliability
> of UC Linux on this board would be appreciated. Also,
> some questions about particular modules and drivers
> follow.

I use it for testing uClinux-dist release. But that is not
exactly product level testing.

> Are the following items implemented or ported, and
> how robust are they ?
>
> * Serial Port Driver--at least 2 ports.

Yes.

> * USB Port Driver
> * QSPI Driver
> * Ethernet Driver

Yes, though see recent threads on possible FEC problems in
the 5275...

> * SYSV Extensions--especially IPCs.

As far as I know that all works fine in the most recent 2.6.x
kernels.

> * JFFS2 File System or Similar--support for a read/write
>   file system in Flash memory.

As far as I know it works fine.

> * PPP

I don't know of any problems. Last I checked it worked fine.

> * SASL Encryption Library or Equivalent.
> * Authenticated SMTP--preferably in library form.
>
> Has anyone tried using the USB port ?

I haven't.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear -- a Secure Computing Company      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888