[uClinux-dev] losing data

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Tue Jan 16 23:47:52 EST 2007

Hi Anna,

Anna K wrote:
> Nobody could help me with last case, so maybe this time ...:)
> I changed my task a bit.
> I have to send data from platform to pc. I'm sending it to temp file,
> but I'm losing  sometimes data.
>  I create temporary file and then I execute background process by
>
> cat /dev/ttyS0 > temp.XXX &
>
> and
>
> echo 'cat /var/tmp/result.txt' > /dev/ttyS0
>
> Can anybody tell me what is wrong? I have changed target to stty.

First thing to do is:

   cat /proc/tty/driver/serial

(or mcfserial if on a realy modern 2.6.x kernel).

See if any serial port errors are being reported.

If you are not using flow control then you might want to
look at enabling that too (hardware is best, crtscts mode).

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear -- a Secure Computing Company      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888