[uClinux-dev] Debugging C++ application

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Mon Jan 16 18:48:46 EST 2006

Jivin Lei Sun lays it down ...
> Thanks for the info!
> I will try to follow that, I am using Intel Xscale with mmu disabled.
> armeb-nofpu target.
> BTW, is there any elf2flt maintainer around? The tool seems to have

Send patched here,  we'll take care of them.

> some problems handling PIC compiled code. So I have to compilie
> everything into static.

That is somewhat true,  it will see the GOT and assume you are using
XIP,  which is not always true.  XIP requires specific compile support
which the arm-linux toolchain does not have.

When you build your elf2flt,  use the --disable-got-check option to
force it to treat the files like non-XIP binaries.

Otherwise,  do not use -fPIC or -fpic options when you build and it
should get it right.