[uClinux-dev] New uclinux-dist

NZG ngustavson at emacinc.com
Mon Jan 9 10:29:02 EST 2006

> /home/dades> insmod hello-1.ko
> Using hello-1.ko
> insmod: cannot insert `hello-1.ko': Invalid module format (-1): Exec format
> error
> pid 35: failed 256
> /home/dades>
Your not running a testing build are you? What build are you using?

> When I use the older toolchain I have no problem to load and unload the
> module... Any idea?
Nothing jumps out at me, lets see your makefile.

I have personally had no problems building modules with the newer toolchain
and loading them on a kernel build with an old toolchain.
but,
I'm not sure this is really guaranteed to work.
You may want to try building your whole distro with the new toolchain.
(change the CROSS_COMPILE flag in your vendors/config/($ARCH)/config.arch
file)

Also, how are you transferring the file?
I have wasted a lot of time doing silly things like transferring modules over
with ASCII ftp and corrupting them.

NZG.