[uClinux-dev] Problem compiling modules kernel 2.6

Daniel Alomar dalomar at serrasold.com
Thu Jan 5 06:24:12 EST 2006


Hi,

Have you already achieve compile the uClinux-dist for a 2.6 kernel?

Regards,

Daniel Alomar

-----Mensaje original-----
De: uclinux-dev-bounces at uclinux.org [mailto:uclinux-dev-bounces at uclinux.org]
En nombre de Stefano Caioli
Enviado el: jueves, 05 de enero de 2006 11:58
Para: uClinux development list
Asunto: RE: [uClinux-dev] Problem compiling modules kernel 2.6


I got the same output with or without V=1,
could it be something related to my distro(FC4)?


On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:50:53 +0100, Daniel Alomar wrote
> Hi,
> 
> Which output did you get when you do a make with the V=1 flag?
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Daniel
> 
> -----Mensaje original-----
> De: uclinux-dev-bounces at uclinux.org 
> [mailto:uclinux-dev-bounces at uclinux.org]
> En nombre de Stefano Caioli
> Enviado el: jueves, 05 de enero de 2006 11:48
> Para: uClinux development list
> Asunto: RE: [uClinux-dev] Problem compiling modules kernel 2.6
> 
> This is mine:
> 
> obj-m += sample_module.o
> 
> KDIR     := /home/uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x
> PWD      := $(shell pwd)
> 
> all:
>     $(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) ARCH=m68knommu CROSS_COMPILE=m68k-elf- M=$(PWD) 
> modules
> 
> clean:
>     $(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) ARCH=m68knommu CROSS_COMPILE=m68k-elf- M=$(PWD) 
> clean
> 
> I think this Makefile should match yours.
> What a problem!
> 
>      Stefano.
> 
> On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:39:43 +0100, Daniel Alomar wrote
> > You can use a Makefile to check the syntax is ok. This is the 
> > Makefile
> > I use (m68knommu architecture):
> > 
> > obj-m := sample_module.o
> > module-objs := file1.o file2.o
> > 
> > KDIR	:= /home/<path-where-we-have>/uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x
> > PWD	:= $(shell pwd)
> > 
> > all:
> > 	$(MAKE) V=1 -C $(KDIR) ARCH=m68knommu CROSS_COMPILE=m68k-elf-
> > M=$(PWD) modules
> > 
> > clean:
> > 	$(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) ARCH=m68knommu CROSS_COMPILE=m68k-elf- M=$(PWD)
> > clean
> > 
> > Regards,
> > 
> > Daniel Alomar
> > 
> > -----Mensaje original-----
> > De: uclinux-dev-bounces at uclinux.org
> > [mailto:uclinux-dev-bounces at uclinux.org]
> > En nombre de Stefano Caioli
> > Enviado el: jueves, 05 de enero de 2006 11:09
> > Para: uClinux development list
> > Asunto: RE: [uClinux-dev] Problem compiling modules kernel 2.6
> > 
> > Hi Daniel,
> > thanks for your answer.
> > I'm using the toolchain:
> > 
> > http://uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/m68k-elf-tools/m68k-elf-tools-2003100
> > 3.
> > sh
> > 
> > that i suppose to be correct.
> > However the problem stands, where can i put the flag V=1? Thanks.
> > 
> >              Stefano.
> > 
> > On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:53:14 +0100, Daniel Alomar wrote
> > > Hi Stefano,
> > > 
> > > Also use the V=1 flag. (Verbose)
> > > 
> > > Regards,
> > > 
> > > Daniel Alomar
> > > 
> > > -----Mensaje original-----
> > > De: uclinux-dev-bounces at uclinux.org 
> > > [mailto:uclinux-dev-bounces at uclinux.org]
> > > En nombre de Stefano Caioli
> > > Enviado el: jueves, 05 de enero de 2006 9:55
> > > Para: uCLinux Mailing List
> > > Asunto: [uClinux-dev] Problem compiling modules kernel 2.6
> > > 
> > > Hi all,
> > > whan i try to compile modules i get this:
> > > 
> > > [root at www module]# make -C /home/uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x/ 
> > > SUBDIRS=/home/module modules
> > > make: Entering directory `/home/uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x'
> > >   Building modules, stage 2.
> > >   MODPOST
> > > /bin/sh: line 1:  3288 Segmentation fault      scripts/mod/modpost -i
> > > /home/uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x/Module.symvers vmlinux
> > > /home/module/sample_module.o
> > > make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 139
> > > make: *** [modules] Error 2
> > > make: Leaving directory 
> > > `/root/sviluppo_new/uClinux-qspi-cgi/linux-2.6.x'
> > > [root at www module]#
> > > 
> > > Any idea?
> > > Thanks.
> > > 
> > >             Stefano
> > > 
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > uClinux-dev mailing list
> > > uClinux-dev at uclinux.org 
> > > http://mailman.uclinux.org/mailman/listinfo/uclinux-dev
> > > This message was resent by uclinux-dev at uclinux.org
> > > 
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > uClinux-dev mailing list
> > > uClinux-dev at uclinux.org 
> > > http://mailman.uclinux.org/mailman/listinfo/uclinux-dev
> > > This message was resent by uclinux-dev at uclinux.org
> > 
> > **********************************
> > 
> > InfStudio
> > Consulenza Informatica e Elettronica
> > Via Pisana 267A/r
> > 50142 Firenze
> > http://www.infstudio.it/
> > 
> > _______________________________________________
> > uClinux-dev mailing list
> > uClinux-dev at uclinux.org
> > http://mailman.uclinux.org/mailman/listinfo/uclinux-dev
> > This message was resent by uclinux-dev at uclinux.org
> > 
> > _______________________________________________
> > uClinux-dev mailing list
> > uClinux-dev at uclinux.org
> > http://mailman.uclinux.org/mailman/listinfo/uclinux-dev
> > This message was resent by uclinux-dev at uclinux.org
> 
> **********************************
> 
> InfStudio
> Consulenza Informatica e Elettronica
> Via Pisana 267A/r
> 50142 Firenze
> http://www.infstudio.it/
> 
> _______________________________________________
> uClinux-dev mailing list
> uClinux-dev at uclinux.org 
> http://mailman.uclinux.org/mailman/listinfo/uclinux-dev
> This message was resent by uclinux-dev at uclinux.org
> 
> _______________________________________________
> uClinux-dev mailing list
> uClinux-dev at uclinux.org 
> http://mailman.uclinux.org/mailman/listinfo/uclinux-dev
> This message was resent by uclinux-dev at uclinux.org


**********************************

InfStudio
Consulenza Informatica e Elettronica
Via Pisana 267A/r
50142 Firenze
http://www.infstudio.it/

_______________________________________________
uClinux-dev mailing list
uClinux-dev at uclinux.org
http://mailman.uclinux.org/mailman/listinfo/uclinux-dev
This message was resent by uclinux-dev at uclinux.org




More information about the uClinux-dev mailing list