[uClinux-dev] could load modules in kernel-2.4.17

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Wed Jan 4 20:14:42 EST 2006

Jivin ?? dragon lays it down ...

> hi, everyone. i am dragon. there is something wrong with my work. i working
> in the em8511 target, i want to build a peson void player system with
> uClinux-2.4 kernel and SDK of sigma design.Of cource, everything is ok in
> the Emulator. but just in the Emulator. My system can't load the module of
> ide.o irdrv.o when my system start to run . i don't know why, the error
> information is :
> Using /khwl.o
> Using /piodrv.o
> PIO: init_module
> PIO: device (128:0) registered in devfs
> PIO: irq 5 obtained
> PIO: irq 6 obtained
> PIO: init_module ok
> Using /irdrv.o
> Using ide-mod.o
> error reading ELF section data
> Could not load the moduleNo module found with this name
> No module found with this name
> why did it right run in the Emulator not in the target ?
> is there anyone could give me some usefull message ?
> think you very much !
>
> http://dragon.xinwen365.net

Is the image you are running the exact same one as in the emulator ?

Looks like the root filesystem is different and doesn't have the modules
included,  or the modules.dep is not right (if it's needed for your
version).

David McCullough, davidm at cyberguard.com.au, Custom Embedded Solutions + Security
Ph:+61 734352815 Fx:+61 738913630 http://www.uCdot.org http://www.cyberguard.com