[uClinux-dev] MTD on flash - facing problem
girish.k at amdlbct.com
Fri Oct 28 07:44:58 EDT 2005
I am facing some problem in configuring the 4MB flash to my COLDFIRE MCF5249 board. If anybody experienced such problems or knows the solutions, please suggest me in this regard.
1. Earlier the flash was AM29LV160DB (2MB) mapped to the address 0xFFE00000 which was working fine with the distribution.
2. The chip is replaced by S29GL032M(R4)(4MB), and mapped to the address 0xFFC00000(In hardware address lines mapped like this)
3. From BDM entire flash can be erased and programmed.
4. Created 4 partitions
mtd0: 00400000 00010000 "Physically mapped flash"
mtd1: 00100000 00010000 "bootROM and Image"
mtd2: 00100000 00010000 "User FS1"
mtd3: 00100000 00010000 "User FS2"
mtd4: 00100000 00010000 "User FS3"
5. In this the image is there in MTD1 partition, which is booting normally and coming to the prompt.
6. i am able to mount jffs2 on mtd2 block device(/dev/mtdblock2)
7. But if i mount jffs2 on mtd3(/dev/mtdblock3) the system is hanging. --- i.e., first half (2MB) is working fine
8. if i give eraseall command to the mtd2(/dev/mtd2) partition, its working fine
9. But if i give eraseall command to mtd3(/dev/mtd3) partition, the system is hanging
10. In make menuconfig the settings are like this
Main Menu --> Memory Technology Devices (MTD) --> Mapping drivers for chip access
? ? [*] CFI Flash device in physical memory map ? ?
? ? (FFC00000) Physical start address of flash mapping ? ?
? ? (400000) Physical length of flash mapping ? ?
? ? (2) Bus width in octets ? ?
? ? [ ] CFI Flash device mapped on SnapGear/SecureEdge ? ?
? ? [ ] CFI Flash device mapped on SnapGear/GEODE boards ? ?
Some printfs added for eraseall are coming like this
#eraseall -q /dev/mtd2
Going to erase now- 100000
Going to erase now- 110000
Going to erase now- 120000
Going to erase now- 130000
Going to erase now- 140000
Going to erase now- 150000
Going to erase now- 160000
Going to erase now- 170000
Going to erase now- 180000
Going to erase now- 190000
Going to erase now- 1a0000
Going to erase now- 1b0000
Going to erase now- 1c0000
Going to erase now- 1d0000
Going to erase now- 1e0000
Going to erase now- 1f0000
#eraseall -q /dev/mtd3
Going to erase now- 200000-------- Hanging here
Thanks in advance for your suggestions
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at AMDLBCT or sysadmin at amdlbct.com immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the uClinux-dev