[uClinux-dev] enable pthread_create on in MCF5275

Javier Cardona javier at cozybit.com
Wed Oct 26 13:53:00 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 09:06 am, paul-rimmer at ronin-tech.com wrote:
> > Jivin Jordan Fuerst lays it down ...
> >
> >> Is there something I can do to enable multithreading via the
> >> pthread_create on the MCF5275?  I have added the -lpthread to the
> >> compiler arguments but still get errors... After reading through some
> >> older posts it turns out that the config.uClibc file has threading set
> >> to "not set"
> >>
> >> Is threading capability supported for the MCF5275? If so how do I turn
> >> it on?
> >
> > AFAIK the thread demos included with the dist will run on coldfire,  but
> > you need clean and enable THREADS in the config.uClibc.

I have only been able to run one of the three demos on the MCF5275, but,
strangely enough, it's the most complete demo of the three:

/bin> ./thdm
pid 19: failed 11
/bin> ./mtdm
pid 23: failed 11
/bin> ./bcdm
master thread runs: 305
slave thread 0 runs: 307
slave thread 1 runs: 307
slave thread 2 runs: 307
slave thread 3 runs: 307
done ... terminate with kill command or CRTL+C

> Biggest problem we have with our threaded 5272 app is that the toolchain
> doesn't support debugging apps that use it.  Has anyone else had success
> with any tools to debug threaded apps?

Same here, on a 5275.  See here
http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2005-October/035177.html
if you are interested in my problems... ;)
As soon as I get a thread aware gdb working on my target, I'll post the steps
to this list.

Javier Cardona
cozybit Inc.