[uClinux-dev] Kernel thread help!

amol sukerkar amol.sukerkar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:38:34 EDT 2005

Hi,
I am trying to implement an application where I am using a usb-to-serial
converter. I am implementing a kernel_thread where I open the device and
talk to it. However, the problem is that the thread tries to open the device
even before the driver recognizes the device and obviously fails. Probably
it is not a major problem, but, I am not able to get through it. I have
tried to use usleep() function and it hasn't helped. Should I use any wait()
call in the kernel_thread to force the thread to sleep before the driver
recognizes the device or is there any other solution to it?
Thanks.

Cheers
Amol