[uClinux-dev] gdbserver kills the shell?

Javier Cardona javier at cozybit.com
Fri Oct 21 16:00:03 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've spent some time trying to get gdbserver to work on a m68knommu
architecture (M5275EVB).  I've run into all the problems mentioned in this
thread (fork(), no qOffset) plus some others mentioned elsewhere (Software
breakpoints not implemented for this target [gdb 6.1], SIGILL signals when
single stepping [gdb 6.3]
http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2005-March/031255.html).

I'd be happy to try out any of the patches discussed on this list.  But I
could not see anything checked in...  Are they posted anywhere?

I'm using:

uClinux-dist-20051014
m68k-uclinux-tools-base-gcc3.4.0-20040603.sh
m68k-uclinux-tools-gdb-20040603.sh

Could you recommend a distribution + tools where gdbserver is known to work on
this target?

Many thanks!

Javier

PS. The bottom line is that I've given up on gdbserver and I'm using the bdm
one hb at time...

--
Javier Cardona
cozybit Inc.