[uClinux-dev] uClinux doesn't boot up on a board with ColdFire CPU. Help please.

Wang, Gang S gang.s.wang at intel.com
Thu Oct 20 13:20:17 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm now trying to run uClinux (kernel 2.4.x) on a board with Motorola
ColdFire CPU (the board is based on M5272C23 but has some differences in
flash address, MBAR address, etc.). To boot it, I already successfully
run U-Boot on that board. I have the following problems and would like
your help.

-          To make U-Boot boot up uClinux, I need to create uImage by
running "mkimage" and give load_address as well as entry_point, is that
correct?

-          I did that and burn the created uImage to the flash address
0x202000. I did "imi 202000" to verify the CRC and then run "bootm
202000". However, after U-Boot gave control to uClinux, the system just
hanged there. No more output message. I wonder how to figure out the
problem.

Any hint will be appreciated.

*   Gang Wang

*   Rotation Engineer