[uClinux-dev] uclinux and skyeye

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Tue Oct 18 18:51:27 EDT 2005

Jivin Gavin Lambert lays it down ...
> Quoth Deepu d [deepu_tanur at yahoo.com]:
> > I am newbie in uclinux. I am trying to simulate a
> > hello program in skyeye.
> > I have followed the "Adding User Apps Howto " document
> > and added my entries in config/configure.help,
> > config/config.in and in /user/Makefile.
> [...]
> > /> hello
> > BINFMT_FLAT: bad magic/rev (0x1010100, need 0x4)
> > BINFMT_FLAT: bad magic/rev (0x1010100, need 0x4)
> > print: Exec format error
> > />
>
> Did you link it with elf2flt?  Unless you've compiled in ELF support
> (which AFAIR requires an MMU anyway) then uClinux can only execute flat
> binaries.

It sure sounds like something about your user/hello/Makefile is wrong.

Have a look at another simple makefile like:

	user/cpu/Makefile

Copy that and change "cpu" to hello,  rebuild your target after having
selected "HELLO" in the configuration and it should work,  especially if
all you other apps are working :-)

David McCullough, davidm at cyberguard.com.au, Custom Embedded Solutions + Security
Ph:+61 734352815 Fx:+61 738913630 http://www.uCdot.org http://www.cyberguard.com