[uClinux-dev] SCSI problem for USB mass storage devices

Abhijith K S abhijithks at myw.ltindia.com
Tue Oct 18 06:08:45 EDT 2005

Hi,

While trying to interface a USB host controller driver with our custom target (MCF5270) running on  uClinux 2.4.27-uc1, on enabling SCSI support for the USB mass storage driver, it used to give the foll.  error:

SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x21/0)
scsi::init_module: failed, out of memory

We traced this error to __get_free_pages(...) with GFP_DMA option or kmalloc(...) with GFP_DMA option.  We found that if we don't specify GFP_DMA option in the function calls, the error is not generated and  the module seems to be initialized properly (changes made in scsi_dma.c).

Is the GFP_DMA option supported in 527X architecture? And if yes, is there anything that has to be done to properly enable this option?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Abhijith