[uClinux-dev] S3C4410 and linux 2.6

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Thu Oct 13 23:59:47 EDT 2005

Hi Xavier,

xavier.montagne wrote:
> Did anyone try to use the debian linux 2.6 release with the S3C2410 from
> Samsung ?

If the debian linux 2.6 release contains a Linus kernel then it
won't have the arm mmuless code support (which isn't in mainline
kernels yet).

> Can you easily enable and disable the MMU feature in the 2.6 uClinux or is
> it a "build-in" release with no MMU settings ??

If I understand your question, it is a built-in. As such you have
to select if you want to use the MMU at compile time. You cannot
runtime select that.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear -- a CyberGuard Company            PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888