[uClinux-dev] Kernel Panic with Blackfin Processor

amol sukerkar amol.sukerkar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 19:25:50 EDT 2005

Hi,
I am trying to implement a ti_usb_serial driver(Texas Instrument modem) on
Blackfin Processor. The driver compiles in the kernel without any problem
(although I had to change usb_fill_bulk_urb to FILL_BULK_URB to match my
version of usb.h, which I don't want to change).
The kernel boots without any problem on the target. However, as soon as the
Texas Instrument modem is plugged in the usb port, I get an error message.
The message is like:
.
.
.
Exception: IRQ 0x2 entered.
.
.
.
.
.
Kernel panic: unhandled IRQ or exceptions!

I am not able to understand what causes the IRQ conflict. Can anybody
address this issue? Thanks.

Cheers
Amol