[uClinux-dev] tun/tap device install incorrectly?

Jordan Fuerst jfuerst at freewave.com
Wed Oct 12 13:41:29 EDT 2005

I have the MCF5275EVB using the 2.6 kernel. I have added module loading
and the TUN/TAP driver through the xconfig interface.

I inserted a device in the vendor/Motorola/M5275EVB makefile as
"tun,c,10,200".

Is this all that has to be done? All the requirements in tuntap.txt seem
to be met however when I read from a tun device the program just blocks
indefinitely.

I guess what I am after is:

Did I do everything that I needed to do to insert the node properly? Do
I somehow need to link the tun device in the makefile to the tun/tap
driver? Does it matter that the device shows in the /dev directory
instead of the /dev/net directory?

Thanks in advance,

Jordan Fuerst