[uClinux-dev] Minimum RAM for uClinux

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Wed Oct 12 08:01:12 EDT 2005

Jivin M?ns Brorsson lays it down ...
> I'm using a NIOS board with an APPEX20k. And i get loads of problems(errors)
> when i validate the ide support. Dosen't uClinux 2.4 support the ide driver?

It does,  but you need to get the code support for your platform right
first.

I don't think NIOS can do XIP but I may be wrong.  This could prevent
you running in such a small amount of RAM.

> Ok the FLASH first!

It's usually a lot easier than IDE to get going :-)

--
David McCullough, davidm at cyberguard.com.au, Custom Embedded Solutions + Security
Ph:+61 734352815 Fx:+61 738913630 http://www.uCdot.org http://www.cyberguard.com