[uClinux-dev] Minimum RAM for uClinux

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Wed Oct 12 07:46:44 EDT 2005

Jivin M?ns Brorsson lays it down ...
> I have a disk that i'am trying to connect to my board, haven't got the ide
> controller to work yet. Then i have to write a boot strap and get it gooing
> from the FLASH. Do you now wich bootloader i should use and wich parameters
> to change so the kernel will be satisfied with my small RAM

uboot seems to be doing fairly well lately.  It may even support your
platform already.

Adding IDE drivers to your kernel will probably stop your config from
working.

You didn't say which CPU you are using ?

I would get flash going first then IDE ;-)

--
David McCullough, davidm at cyberguard.com.au, Custom Embedded Solutions + Security
Ph:+61 734352815 Fx:+61 738913630 http://www.uCdot.org http://www.cyberguard.com