[uClinux-dev] Minimum RAM for uClinux

Måns Brorsson mans.brorsson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 07:40:53 EDT 2005

I have a disk that i'am trying to connect to my board, haven't got the ide
controller to work yet. Then i have to write a boot strap and get it gooing
from the FLASH. Do you now wich bootloader i should use and wich parameters
to change so the kernel will be satisfied with my small RAM
Many thanks Mans

On 10/12/05, David McCullough <davidm at snapgear.com> wrote:

> Jivin M?ns Brorsson lays it down ...
> > I have 1Mb Flash and 256kb RAM
>
> If you run the kernel from flash, mount the FS from flash (XIP),
> configure the kernel without networking, only essential drivers
> and only the minimum filesystem (/bin/sh and little more), then you
> should be able to get something to boot, but it will be trickier
> than a normal bring up :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Davidm
>
> --