[uClinux-dev] BF561 + uCLinux -> Java applet or J2ME

Chris Gray chris.gray at kiffer.be
Mon Oct 10 04:23:27 EDT 2005

On Monday 10 October 2005 08:22, German Cheung wrote:
> Dear ALL,
>  as i know BF561 does not have MMU, if BF561 + uCLinux as the platform, can
> Java applet or J2ME be run on such platform??
>   rgds, g.

Dear g.,

We should be able to port our Mika VM to this platform, and then you could run
J2ME software. (Mika already runs under uClinux on ARM7 and MIPS
architectures). You'll need a bit more RAM than the on-chip 328KB though.

--
Chris Gray        /k/ Embedded Java Solutions  BE0503765045
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi        http://www.kiffer.be/k/