[uClinux-dev] which board type can I choose?

qiugongfen water018 at 163.com
Sun Oct 9 05:30:25 EDT 2005

hi,Erwin

On Saturday 08 October 2005 12:33, Erwin Authried wrote:
> Am Sam, den 08.10.2005 schrieb qiugongfen um 22:06:
> > hi,Erwin
> >
> > It's W90N740,you are right.
> > I don't know which is GDB/Armulator?
> > one board type?as like Samsung?
>
> It's like a board config, except that the Armulator isn't associated
> with "real" hardware. You can choose it in the vendor config of
> uClinux-dist. To use the w90n740, you should replace the  kernel source
> in uClinux-dist with the latest version from CVS.
>
> What brand of board do you use, or is it your own design?

Yes,it's W90N740.It's my own design and we use it to control DSP or net or
other I/O ports.

We have run the kernel source linux-2.4.20 uClinux.
But I am new to this.I want to study it .

I want to know why I must replace the  kernel source in uClinux-dist with the
latest version from CVS(the kernel 2.6.* ? ).I can only to download the
kernel and patch it with uClinux.Then how to do the next? I only read some
kernel source and write some  drivers.