[uClinux-dev] the gdbserver problem

Phil Wilshire pwilshire at cox.net
Sat Oct 8 08:09:18 EDT 2005

Hi

The *.gdb file is an elf format file to use on the Debug host not the
target system.
The Target only understands flat files produced by the build process

So you run
xxx on the target under gdbsever

and use xxx.gdb on the host with the debugger.
xxx.gdb contains all the symbol information that the debugger needs to
control the xxx executable on the target.

Regards
Phil Wilshire