[uClinux-dev] uClinux/ColdFire Project home page upgrade

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Thu Oct 6 21:01:35 EDT 2005

Hi Emilena,

Emilena Specht wrote:
> I was searching for the latest source distribution of uClinux for Coldfire at uClinux/ColdFire Project home page (http://www.uclinux.org/ports/coldfire/).
> There is a text about the current status, as of 06-MAR-2005, saying:
>
> "The whole environment, kernel and applications, seems very stable. Networking (Ethernet, PPP, etc) is working really well, and appears to be stable and reliable. (...)"
>
> But, at source distribution link, still I found:
>
> Full Source Distribution (20041215) <http://www.uclinux.org/ports/coldfire/uClinux-dist-20041215.tar.gz>
>
> which target is uClinux-dist-20041215.tar.gz.
>
> So, anybody knows where I can find this later and stable version?

There is no later stable version, 20041215 is the most recent.
(The 06-MAR-2005 date is the date on which the information on
that web page was last updated - it does not refer to the date
of any specific images or source packages that are linked here).

There are new test versions for an upcoming release (which will
hopefully be in the next week or so) linked from
http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/dist/

> I also did not find anything about kernel 2.6 at uClinux CVS. Is that normal?

Yes, that is correct. There is no CVS to 2.6. All the latest 2.6 code
is in the real Linus kernels. I release a patch set with fixes and
other new code for each 2.6 kernel release taht can be gotten from
http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/uClinux-2.6.x/

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear -- a CyberGuard Company            PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888