[uClinux-dev] gdbserver kills the shell?

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Wed Oct 5 08:26:56 EDT 2005

Hi John,

John Williams wrote:
> David McCullough wrote:
>
>> I would have thought Miles patches would apply fairly cleanly to the new
>> gdb/gdbserver source.
>

> Yep, I've done that and looks good at first glance.
>
> Dare I ask, what's the plan for the current uClinux-dist CVS?  My memory
> is that the current CVS is officially still a test-release.
>
> It works pretty well for microblaze right now, but if Gerg is still
> taking patches before the next real cut I've got some stuff here
> (uClinux-ifying the new gdbserver included).
>
> Greg?  :)

I wish I could release it right now... but...

XIP was broken by the mmap changes in the 2.4.x kernel.
That is really the last thing I want to see fixed.

I am being pretty strict on any new changes, so they need
some good justification to be included right now :-)

Once this is released I plan on generating a new test-dist
within a couple of weeks - to get a good start on the next
release after this one. The current one has taken far to
long to get stable :-(

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear -- a CyberGuard Company            PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888