[uClinux-dev] Compile Errors on uCLinux

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Mon Oct 3 00:20:16 EDT 2005

Hi Timo,

Timo Bruderek wrote:
> I am new in this list.
> I downloaded the newest release (Test-source-dist 20050906).
> After unzip it, it used the default settings for kernel 2.4 GDB and
> Armulator and do a "make dep all".
>
> But it doesn't compile.

Can you send the compile output of the failed build?

> So i changed to kernel 2.6, Phillips, LPC22xx (that's my target board) but
> there was an error again (can't find Makefile in ../armnommu)
>
> Is this a bug in the distribution or is it special to my system ?
> I have build the arm-toolchain by myself. It is gcc-4.0.1.

That is definately a bug in the distribution. It is using the
wrong arch for the kernel when building for arm MMUless targets
using a 2.6 kernel.

Fix with the attached armnommu.patch.

After that I hit a problem in lpc22xx.h (unbalnaced #endif).
Fix with attached patch.

But then there is more problems after that. So it looks like the
LPC22xx target code needs some work in the 2.6.x code base.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear -- a CyberGuard Company            PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888