[uClinux-dev] Linux vendor settings patch

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Wed Aug 31 20:44:01 EDT 2005

Hi Boris,
boris-nikolov.koprinarov at stud.tu-ilmenau.de wrote:
> I am experimenting with uClinux-dist-test-20050808. I have found some errors in
> the vendors settings and in the official version of uClinux-dist-20041215
> (kernel 2.6.x ) the vendor conf file is missing.

For which board?

> I want to write patch for
> that, but I have some questions .Are there any Howtos or something like that,
> where I can look for answers. Can you give me some advice like: When will be
> the next official release?

The best answer is "when it is ready". It should be sometime in the
next couple of weeks.

> Which version should I patch?

The most recent is best. Which right now is the uClinux-dist-test-20050808.

> Should I write info
> for  the
> patch?

Yes. Always accompany it with a write up on what the change fixes,
and any other relevant comments. I use that as the CVS log message
when I commit it.

> To which email address I have to send that info and the patch?

Ideally send it to this list. If really large send it to me offline.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear -- a CyberGuard Company            PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888