[uClinux-dev] m68k-bdm-elf-gdb device open failed (post again)

John Raz johnraz99 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 15:25:08 EDT 2005

I have learned several things and this is what I did just to connect.
1. The main one was the version of Fedora Core 3 that I was using: 776. 
When I switch back to 667 or ahead to the latest 1372 I can connect.
2. Also I was trying to connect directly as a non-priveledged user. When 
I connect as root it works. In the documentation it says this will work 
but not to do it. I will have to read up on the other methods of connecting.
3. I also was trying to use the driver method. So far I can only connect 
using the ioperm method. All this means is that you don't have to load 
the driver before you connect. I still type /dev/bdmcf0 as the parameter.

1. The bdm-chk command although it can connect still fails.
2. A friend of mine suggested that I might have better luck with Redhat 9.

I haven't had the eval board for a few days but hope to try more later 
as I still haven't actually debugged any code!


More information about the uClinux-dev mailing list